As you have heard from IAS toppers and selected people in the UPSC Civil Service Examination, that the Journey of UPSC is a long one. For this purpose it is important to take decisions at every step with much precision and clarity, so that aspirants may not lose interest during their journey.
‘It is easier to dream a dream, but the toughest task is to live your dream.’ Every year over a million candidates join the journey of UPSC but student who appeared with the strong strategy could make through the final list. The final selection of candidates is decided by the number of decisions they take all through their journey of UPSC.
The craze for becoming an IAS Officer has been increasing among the youth that they start preparing for the examination during their days of graduation. So while preparing for the Civil Services examination, it is important to choose the subjects in graduation in line with the preparation of their UPSC examination. Aspirants face a difficult question that ‘What subject they should choose after 12 to appear for UPSC Civil Service Examination?’.
The answer of the question is quite complex and depends on multiple factors. To understand this precisely, first of all it is important to understand the pattern of UPSC Examination. The UPSC Civil Service Examination is conducted in three different stages – Preliminarily, Mains and Interview. The preliminary examination is ‘objective’ in nature, whereas the Mains Examination is ‘subjective’. For the Main Examination, candidates have to choose one ‘Optional Subject’, which plays a very important role in making the presence of candidates in the final list of UPSC. Before selecting the subject for Mains examination, it is important to consider some points
- Interest in the subject: The first and the foremost thing before selection of the subject is that it should interest the aspirants. For this purpose, aspirants should go through the syllabus to understand the subjects that may be chosen for the UPSC Civil Services Examination.
- Choose Subject according to GS: Aspirant should choose the subject which helps the candidate to cover the syllabus of GS PRELIMS AS WELL AS GSMAINS. Few subjects which are very much highlighted and scoring are HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY, POLITICAL SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION ETC.
- Familiarity with the Subject: Aspirants should be familiar with the subject, so that they may understand, whether it interests them or not.
- Manageability of the Syllabus: Before choosing the subject students should study the syllabus. It is advisable to choose the subject with a shorter syllabus as it is manageable to finish the syllabus on time and multiple revisions can be given before examination.
- Right Guidance: It is equally important to have the right guidance. Before selecting the subject, aspirants should know whether they will be able to seek right guidance from any external sources for example, teachers, seniors, or any coaching institute.
- Aptitude to learn the subject: Aptitude is important to maximization of our performance. Sometimes lack of aptitude towards a particular subject hinders our growth in that subject. So, for this it is advisable that aspirants should seek the right guidance and understand their capabilities beforehand towards the subject chosen.
- Availability of Study Material: This is also very important to know whether enough study material is available in the market for that particular subject or not. Non availability of the material in the market may make students suffer in finding the right things to read for examination.
- Similar to the subject studied in Graduation: It is always advisable to aspirants that they should choose the optional subject as the subject studied in graduation. The selection of the similar subject will give them plenty of time to understand the subject in depth as the optional subject plays quite a significant role in final selection in the list.
While finding the best subject for the optional paper, aspirants might not find the right guidance and waste time during their Civil Services Examination Journey by changing the optional subject multiple times. This stops aspirants to focus and divert their attention. So, to facilitate aspirants in the above discussed points for the purpose of selecting the Optional Subject for the examination, Vajirao & Reddy has come up with its ‘Foundation Course’. This course will help aspirants in multiple ways starting from the selection of subjects after 12 and by providing the right guidance throughout the three years of their preparation during graduation.
Why is the ‘Foundation Course’ the Best Course for Civil Services preparation with graduation?
In the Civil Services Exam 2021, 37 Students succeeded in becoming IAS as soon as they passed the Academy degree at the age of 21 in their first attempt from Vajirao & Reddy Institute. Similarly 53 students of Vajirao & Reddy Institute have cleared the Civil Services Exam of UPSC 2020 and have succeeded in becoming IAS at the age of 21 in their first attempt. This would have been possible by enrolling them in the Foundation Course of Vajirao & Reddy.
This course can fulfill the dreams of many to clear the examination in the first attempt. The Vajirao & Reddy Institute has started a 3 year foundation course for 12th Pass Students. During the 3 years in the Foundation Course, students prepare for the Civil Services Exam along with their college studies. The course has been designed in such a way that it will facilitate aspirant’s academic knowledge and preparation for the civil service examination also.
How will the ‘Foundation Course’ help in selecting aspirants for the Optional Subject?
The course has been designed to cater the needs of every aspirant from an average to the toppers as well. The entire course has been divided in multiple stages according to the level of need of the preparation and aspirants learning capabilities.
Ist Year—Preparation of NCERT Based GS
UPSC demands a clear and basic understanding of every subject. For this purpose, there could be no better solution than the NCERT. Analytical study of NCERT based syllabus will not only create a strong foundation for UPSC but will also help in many other GS based exams.
NCERT is a good resource to provide basic knowledge with easy language. Therefore, preparation for NCERT based GS will be completed in the first year. For this, Vajirao and Reddy Institute has specially prepared NCERT based GS Books known as Gist of NCERT and notes. Therefore in the first year, students are provided with GS notes and Gist of NCERT books during their preparation with coaching classes.
The first year course work will be accompanied by the classroom studies by India’s Top Teaching Faculty and Best Mentors. Subject sequence wise and systematic study is done every day. Doubt Clearing Sessions will also be conducted. Weekly Topic Wise tests will also be conducted for the purpose of self evaluation.
IInd Year—Preparation for GS Standard and Optional Subjects and Current Affairs
In the IInd Year, GS integrated Prelims & Mains Standard Class with Notes, Many standard Text-books and other important resources i.e. Yojana, Kurukshetra and Hindu News Paper. In this session the students will be able to conceptually and analytically prepare for UPSC Civil Services Exam. During this phase of the course, students will be able to understand the selection of the subject for the Optional Subject. There is a meeting of experienced Senior Mentors and Board of Directors to make students choose Optional subjects. In this meeting, keeping in mind the academic degree of the student and the interest in the subject and the scoring subject, the optional subject is selected according to the Civil Services Exam.
IIIrd Year—GS Dynamic & All India Test Series
After the revision of NCERT based GS and the complete preparation of GS standard and optional subject, in this IIIrd and Final phase, the students are made to prepare in depth the dynamic part of GS, Current Affairs according to the UPSC Exam. In preparation for current affairs, Vajirao& Reddy Institute provided 10 to 15 Pages General studies current affairs assignments per day. Simultaneously, 4 hours Current Affairs analytical classes are conducted for dynamic preparation on Every Saturday Specially, analysis of GS Mains is done by Publication Division Magazines of Government of India i.e. Yojana and Kurukshetra. In the IIIrd phase, All India test series is done for General Studies Mains and General Studies Prelims and optional subject mains. The test series of General Studies Mains is conducted according to the complete UPSC Pattern.
Why should Aspirants opt the Foundation Course?
- Each part of General Studies is covered in continuous classes.
- A team of Highly Qualified and experienced faculty members are being provided.
- Facility to every student to revise offline classes on Vajirao learning app.
- Subject wise tests are being conducted after competition of every topics or a particular segment.
- Maximum opportunity for students to interact with the faculty.
- Dedicated Current Affairs classes.
- Current Affairs classes are also being provided every Saturday for 4 Hours.
- Exclusive Study material (Notes, Booklet & Current Affairs Series)
- Rich Library, Library Facilities provided for every student.
- Mains Exam Test Series questions according with UPSC pattern with through coverage of the entire syllabus, detailed model answers.
- Hostel facility available. Hostel being in Vajirao Campus separate for Girls & Boys.
- Emphasis on answer writing practice.
- Live Doubt session with the concerned faculty at the end of each class into which one to one interaction.
- 2 classes of 2 hours each will be conducted on daily basis that means 4 hours General Studies Classes provided every day.
How can Aspirants enroll themselves for the Foundation Course?
- Allotment of Seat will be done according to Token Number.
- Admission is purely based on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS`
- Joining Vajirao & Reddy Institute is easy, you just need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- In Step 1: For admission you need to visit Official website i.e., www.vajiraoinstitute.com
- In step 2: For Reserve Your Seat- Visit our Upcoming batches.
- Where you will see the Available batches list, choose the batch that fits you.
- Click on Register now.
- On the right-hand side, you will see a button, in that list click on “Register Now”
- In step 3: Fill Our Student Registration Form.
- You will come on “Student Registration form, just fill this form by entering your information and click on Submit button.
- Pay Registration Fees- 5000/- (ADJUSTABLE IN TOTAL FEES)
- After submitting the form, you will come on Pay “Registration Fees page- click on Pay Now to continue.
- Choose a Payment option.
- Select preferred “payment option” to make payment of your Registration fee (Rs.5000) amount.
- Check your Token & Waiting Status.
- Once the payment has done, you will receive your token number on your registered contact number.
- In Step 4: In next step, you will be getting call from institute’s counselor for briefing.
- In Step 5: Institute will be sharing Bank details with you for your Admission process.
- In Step 6: You will be getting visiting date, wherein you can come for the necessary documentation.