Why in news :
- Minister for Education on Monday released learning and teaching material called the jaadui pitara or magical box for the foundational stage of schooling.
MORE ABOUT THE NEWS :
- A curriculum framework is prepared by the Union government for children in the age group of 38 to meet a key focus area of the National Education Policy to improve foundational skills of students.
- It provides for shifting from classroom learning based on textbooks to the one based on toys, puppets and story cards.
- Thus Minister for Education released learning and teaching material called the jaadui pitara or magical box for the foundational stage of schooling.
- The material also leverages technology and provides QR codes to enable teachers to access teaching resources such as poems, storybooks and flash cards.
- The teaching material released will pave the way for implementation of the National Curriculum Framework for Foundational Skills, 2022 released in October last year for students in balvatika (preprimary) and Classes 1 and 2.
- As the children between three and six years learn best through doing activities “such as talking, listening, using toys, working with material, painting, drawing, singing, dancing, running, and jumping”.
- It lays emphasis on oral language development and oral math games.