Pradhan Mantri Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi
Key features of the scheme :
- PM SVANidhi scheme is a special micro-credit facility to provide affordable loans to street vendors.
- It has been launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs.
- Under the scheme, the government provides Rs. 10,000 for street vendors without any collateral.
- On timely repayment of first loan, they are eligible to get higher loan amount of 20,000 and 50,000 in second and third tranche respectively.
- It also has monthly cash back incentive on number of digital transactions made by them.
Eligible persons for the scheme :
- Street vendors who possess the certificate of vending by Urban Local Bodies.
- And others who generally come under street vendor category and having a recognised certificate or letter of recommendation.
- Syllabus : Prelims + Mains; Government schemes in news
Syllabus : Prelims + Mains; GS2- E- Governance