AERO INDIA 2023
WHY IN NEWS?
- Recently Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 13 inaugurated the five-day Aero India 2023 on the theme “THE RUNWAY TO A BILLION OPPORTUNITIES” at the India Air Force station at Yelahanka, in Bengaluru.
MORE ABOUT THE NEWS :
- The focus of Aero India 2023 will be on displaying indigenous equipment/technologies.
- Its main motto is to showcase India’s growth in aerospace and defence capabilities.
- It also helps in forging partnerships with foreign companies, in line with ‘Make in India, Make for the World’ vision.
- The biggest-ever event till date is likely to witness the participation of 98 countries, the Defence Ministers of 32 countries, Air Chiefs of 29 countries and 73 Chief Executive Officers of global, and Indian original equipment manufacturers.
ABOUT AERO INDIA :
- Aero India is a biennial air show and aviation exhibition held in Bengaluru, India at the Yelahanka Air Force Station.
- It is organised by the Defence Exhibition Organisation, Ministry of Defence.
- The Aero India is the largest air show in Asia.
- This year’s show theme is “THE RUNWAY TO A BILLION OPPORTUNITIES”.
- The first edition of the air show was held in 1996.
- In recent years, the Aero India has emerged as one of the world’s most important and largest military aviation exhibitions.
SYLLABUS : PRELIMS