DIGITAL LIFE CERTIFICATES
Why in news : Recently, government has issued around 25 lakh digital life certificates to central government pensioners.
- What is digital life certificate : Digital Life Certificate (Jeevan Pramaan) is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners.
- Validity period : The Pramaan ID/Jeevan Pramaan is not valid for life. The validity period of the certificate is as per rules specified by the Pension Sanctioning Authority.
- How it works : Jeevan pramaan uses the AADHAR platform for biometric authentication of the pensioner.
- It gathers only harmless data for limited purpose of verifying the pensioners.
- Better utilization of funds due to reduced leakage.
- Citizen centric and promotes digital literacy.
- Facilitates citizen welfare by reducing the need of physical presence to get the certificate.
SYLLABUS : PRELIMS, GOVERNMENT SCHEMES.