Why in news:
- A fullscale LCA Tejas aircraft in Final Operational Clearance (FOC) configuration will be at the centrestage of India Pavilion at Aero India 2023, which is being held at the Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bengaluru between February 13 and 17.
More about LCA TEJAS:
LCA Tejas is a single engine, light weight, highly agile, multi-role supersonic fighter.
- LCA Tejas is a 4.5 generation, all weather and multi-role fighter aircraft.
- The aircraft is designed to be a multi-role aircraft capable of taking up offensive air support, close combat and ground attack role at ease.
- It is also designed to undertake Ground Maritime Operations.
- The different variants of aircraft under production and development are:
- Single seater fighter for Air Force
- Single seater fighter for Navy
- Twin Seater trainer aircraft for Air Force
- Twin Seater trainer version for Navy
- The maximum take-off mass is 13,500 kg.
- Smallest & lightest aircraft in its class
- Excellent flight safety record
- Compound Tail-Less Delta
- In Flight Refueling (IFR) Probe: It enhances range during mission undertaken. IFR capability has been proven for day and night operations.
- Variety of Weapons LCA-Tejas is having 9 hard points and is capable to fire variety of weapons like Long Range BVR & WVR missiles, Bombs etc. with required precision and accuracy.
Syllabus: Prelims + Mains; GS3 – Environment; species in news