Lisu wren babbler and Grey-bellied wren babbler
Why in news :
- Recently, birdwatchers trekked to a peak in Arunachal Pradesh’s Changlang district in search of the rare and elusive grey-bellied wren babbler.
- But, they recorded a new species of songbird they called it as the Lisu wren babbler, named after the local community LISU.
Grey-bellied wren babbler :
- It is mostly found in Myanmar with some birds occurring in adjoining China and Thailand.
- There has been only one previous report of this bird from India.
- The belly of grey bellied wren babbler is grey as the name denotes.
- Its natural habitat is subtropical moist montane forest.
- It is classified as a Species of Least Concern by the IUCN.
Grey-bellied wren babbler
Lisu wren babbler :
- It is a newly found in the state of Arunachal Pradesh’s Mugafi peak.
- Unlike, the grey bellied wren babbler it has white belly.
Lisu wren babbler
Syllabus : prelims; Environment – new species found