National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP)
What is NIP :
- National Infrastructure Pipeline is an initiative of the Government of India which intends to provide the world-class infrastructure across the whole country in order to improve the quality of life all citizens of the country.
- It was initially announced by the Prime Minister of India in 2019.
- NIP consists of bunch of social and economic infrastructure projects which are aimed to be completed within a span of five years.
- The budget of the project is 102 lakh crore rupees.
- Energy, roads, railways and urban projects are estimated to account for the bulk of projects (around 70%).
- The funding pattern is Centre (39 percent) and state (40 percent) are expected to have an almost equal share in implementing the projects, while the private sector has 21 percent share.
Syllabus : Prelims + Mains; GS3 – various government initiatives in news