PM MITRA SCHEME
ABOUT THE SCHEME:
- Ministry of Textiles has issued a notification to set up 7 Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM MITRA) Parks with a total outlay of Rs. 4,445 crore.
- These are aimed at helping India to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 9: “Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation”.
- It is hoped that the PM MITRA Parks will have world-class industrial infrastructure which would attract cutting age technology and boost FDI and local investment in the textiles sector.
- PM MITRA Parks will be set up on the basis of proposals received from State Governments having ready availability of contiguous and encumbrance-free land parcel of minimum1000 acres.
- The State Government will transfer land to the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) at notional price.
- The land asset will be used to leverage/attract investment in the PM MITRA parks for development and maintenance of the parks with high standard specifications.
- SPV will be a legal entity (with 51% equity shareholding of State Government and 49% of Central Government) set up by the State Government for the purpose of implementing the PM MITRA Park Project.
- The PM MITRA scheme is Inspired by the 5F vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister – Farm to Fibre to Factory to Fashion to Foreign.
- It aspires to fulfil the vision of building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat and to position India strongly on the Global textiles map.
- PM MITRA Parks will offer an opportunity to create an integrated textiles value chain right from spinning, weaving, processing/dyeing and printing to garment manufacturing at 1 location
- Integrated Textile Value chain at 1 location will reduce logistics cost of Industry
- Intended to generate ~1 lakh direct and 2 lakh indirect employment per park
- Sites for PM MITRA Parks will be selected by a Challenge Method based on objective criteria
- Proposals of State Governments having ready availability of contiguous and encumbrance-free land parcel of 1,000+ acres along with other textiles related facilities.
Several states such as Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Assam, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Telangana have expressed interest.